Re: Capping CPU usage?

От eric soroos
Тема Re: Capping CPU usage?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > I can't imagine that postmaster could do this, but I thought it there
> >  might be some kind of Linux Kernel CPU quota option I haven't heard
> > of.
> >   Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I was reading an interview last night (found from /.) on the O(1) scheduler. One thing that was mentioned was batch
taskswhich get only cpu that's not being used for other things, in blocks of 3 seconds. It has some harder enforcement
ofnice levels (i.e. batch @ 10 can completely prevent a batch @ 15 from running untill it completes, but is completely
interruptableby ordinary processes).  Since all the parameters are tweakable, many while running, this may be a place
tolook.

eric